Watch the Lecrae Film
What did you like about, identify with, or learn from Lecrae’s story?
Lecrae’s story is a story of redemption, a jubilation of life from the ashes to glory. I was in the darkest pit and sinking day by day in sin and self and not fully knowing the resurrection power of Jesus christ and knowing not what He can do for me. Lecrae was in that situation where he does not fully believe in what Jesus can do for him. But ultimately Jesus found him and brought him back to His love where you can find peace, joy, and love for everlasting.
There is only one God Jesus Christ who can redeem us from our sins, pains, and sufferings of this world. He is the only God who took all our pains upon him in spite of us being not faithful or believing in Him.
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. –John 14:6
Read the whole passage in John 14:1-14.
What It Says
- What did you like about this passage?
- Self-assuring on how Jesus shows us the way that I am the light and life and when you believe in me you will see the glory of God.
- What did you not like or find confusing about this passage?
- Ask anything in my name and I will give it to you. Can I ask for anything but what about the will of God? am I asking according to God’s will?
What It Means
- What does this passage teach about people?
- People always wants to see evidence, rather than believing in things that you do not see.
- What does this passage teach about God?
- Jesus replies for people to believe in Him so that one can see the father and marvel at the wonderful works through believing.
Live it. How will you live more Second today?
Tell it. How will you share what you have learned?
Practice it. Get with a friend or someone in your group. Practice or role-play your “Live and Tell” commitments.
From the book “Live second: 365 ways to make Jesus First”