Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses. -1 Timothy 6:12
We are to fight the good fight of faith against the enemy–but what does that look like practically? Here are the six key strategies:
- Think aggressively.Like a general preparing for battle, plan and calculate how to engage and defeat the enemy.
- Pray fervently.Hebrews 4:16 instructs us to approach God’s throne confidently and boldly. Go to Him with confidence and tell Him what you need.
- Speak fearlessly. First Peter 4:11 says, Whoever speaks, [let him do it as one who utters] oracles of God… You and I are to have a spiritually commanding voice against the forces of evil.
- Give abundantly. The way we give is the way we receive (see Luke 6:38). Live a life of generosity.
- Work intently. Whatever you put your hand to, you need to do it with all your might(Ecclesiastes 9:10). Stir yourself up in the Holy Spirit and get the job done.
- Love unconditionally.As Children of God, we must love others as God loves us unconditionally and sacrificially.
Take these steps, and when the enemy comes, you’ll be filled with God’s power–and you will be unbeatable.
From the book “Promises for our everday lives”