..The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. –Philippians 4:7
Living in God’s peace is vital to enjoying life. I believe that one of the keys to living with peace in your life is taking small steps toward peace every day. Here are a few tips you can use to develop a more peaceful lifestyle.
- Be selective with how you spend your time. You may be trying to do too many things and end up doing none of them well. Hurrying is the flesh trying to do more than the Holy Spirit is leading you to do. Be led by the Spirit.
- Be prepared to say “no” nicely. Sometimes we take on things we should’t because we’re uncomfortable saying no. Ask God to give you the words to say no when you need to.
- Resist the spirit of procrastination. God’s word tells us to exercise self-discipline. Do what you know you need to do now so you can fully enjoy your times of rest.
- Eliminate key distractions. If you know you are prone to certain distractions, such as watching TV, get some guidelines for yourself.
- Set appropriate boundaries for interruptions. Life is full of interruptions, but you can learn to set boundaries that help you manage them in healthy ways, such as scheduling times when you are “off limits”
- Modify your life. Ask God to show you out-of-the-box ways to save time and trouble. For instance, when I don’t have time to do the dishes, I use paper plates!
The bottom line is to make peace a priority, take practical steps toward it, and let God lead you every day into His perfect peace.
From the book “Promises for our everyday life”